Driving Directions to Fort Lauderdale Airport
The FLL Airport is located just off of I-95 and is easily accessible from most parts of South Florida. If you are traveling to Fort Lauderdale Airport by car, follow the directions given below.
- From the North: Head south on I-95 and take exit 26B for I-595 East. Keep left at the fork, following signs for Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades. Take exit 3B for Federal Highway/US-1 South. Continue to follow the signs until you reach the airport.
- From the South: Head north on I-95 and take exit 25 for I-595 East. Keep left at the fork, following signs for Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades. Take exit 3B for Federal Highway/US-1 South. Continue to follow the signs until you reach the airport.
There is ample parking available at Fort Lauderdale International Airport, including short-term and long-term options. The short-term parking lot is located directly across from the terminal, and the long-term parking lot is located a short shuttle ride away from the terminal. Rates for both lots are based on a daily rate, and you can pay for parking using cash or a credit card.
Note that there are also several off-site parking options available at FLL Airport. These parking lots near the Fort Lauderdale Airport, provide a safe and economical alternative to Airport Lot parking. Book your parking now via our website!
There are also several alternative ways to get to Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL):
- Public Transportation: FLL is served by several public transportation options, including buses, shuttles, and trains. The Tri-Rail train service connects FLL to Miami and other parts of South Florida, and the airport is also served by several bus lines.
- Taxis and Rideshare: Taxis and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are also available at FLL and can be a convenient way to get to and from the airport. If you are coming from a hotel or other location in Fort Lauderdale, the taxi fare to the airport should be around $20-$30. If you are coming from a location further away, the fare may be higher. It is a good idea to ask the driver for an estimate of the cost before you start the trip.
- Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport for their guests. You can also use a shuttle service like SuperShuttle to get to and from the airport.
How long does it take to get to Fort Lauderdale Airport?
The time it takes to get to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) will depend on your location and mode of transportation. Some factors that may affect the travel time include traffic conditions, distance, and the availability of public transportation. Here are some rough estimates for travel times to FLL from some major cities:
- From Miami: about 30 minutes by car
- From West Palm Beach: about 1 hour by car
- From Tampa: about 2 hours by car
Keep in mind that these are just estimates and your actual travel time may vary. If you are taking public transportation, you may need to factor in additional time for transfers and waiting for buses or trains. It is always a good idea to check the traffic conditions and leave plenty of time to get to the airport before your flight. Regardless of how you choose to get to Ft Lauderdale Airport, it’s important to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during busy travel times. Traffic can be heavy in the area, and it’s always best to be safe and arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare.
Fort Lauderdale Airport address:
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
100 Terminal Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315